How do I clean the wood-burning stove’s soapstone?
Grease spots and the like can be washed away with a neutral cleansing agent.
1. Make sure the stone has cooled to room temperature before cleaning
2. Dampen the stain with undiluted cleansing agent and allow it to work for a few minutes
3. Wash the surface with warm water
4. Diluted acetone can be used with caution on difficult stains
5. The stain can also be sanded using sandpaper number 240 or 320. For an especially smooth surface, use water and moist sandpaper