Many of the advantages of a HWAM wood burning stove are unique HWAM qualities that are developed by the designers, who are constantly setting themselves new goals within the areas of user-friendliness, design and performance.
HWAM® SmartControl™ electronic air regulation gives you a sublime level of comfort and goes easy on the environment and on your pocket.
But it's not just that – at the price of a wood-burning stove, you also get an engineer a personal firing aid right in the middle of your living room!
Our HWAM® SmartControl™ app allows you to easily set up your desired room temperature on a mobile telephone or tablet – and the app even reminds you when it's time to fill up with firewood again. The only thing you have to do yourself is light the fire and close the door.
The system will take care of the rest for you, so you can relax, kick back and relish the flames and the cosy heat.
Heat storage is a phenomenon known from the large mass stoves where heat is stored in the stones surrounding the combustion chamber.
Heat storage in a wood-burning stove is the combination of the wood-burning stove's ability to quickly and comfortably distribute the convection heat and the mass stove's ability to store the heat.
The compartment can be filled with a large amount of stone. Stone has a special ability to store heat from the wood-burning stove, which will then slowly be emitted into the room, even long after the fire has died.
While the wood-burning stove is burning, the stone in the heat storage compartment will be heated up. Once the fire in the combustion chamber has died, the stone will continue emitting the stored heat into the room.
Tests show that stone in the small heat storage compartment will keep warm for up to 10 hours, whereas stone in the large storage compartment will keep warm for up to 14 hours after the last stoking.
As an extra feature, the HWAM 3500 Series, HWAM 7100 series and HWAM 3650 and HWAM 3660 have a knob which regulates the convection air to the heat storage compartment. When the convection damper is closed, the heat stored in the stone will be retained in the heat storage compartment for as long as possible; once the damper is opened, the heat will be distributed to the room as quickly as possible.
Here at HWAM, we have been working with sheet iron for more than 30 years, and we know what advantages it provides for our customers.
Most wood-burning stoves today are made of sheet iron. Sheet iron gives the opportunity to make designs that are not possible with cast iron.
Its smooth surface gives the wood-burning stove the same finish as other pieces of furniture in the house. Furthermore, sheet iron begins to radiate heat upon lighting the stove. The melting point of sheet iron is 1,600 degrees, while that of cast iron is only 1,200 degrees. Cast iron can also crack if heated too quickly, which is impossible with sheet iron.
Combustion Air System
No oxygen, no fire. It’s that simple. That is why a constant flow of air to the wood-burning stove is needed to create clean and effective combustion in your HWAM.
Today’s homes must be both energy efficient and environmentally friendly, and they are therefore very well-insulated. This makes good sense, but it can be a problem when it comes to your wood-burning stove having a sufficient amount of air – which is important for building a proper fire.
The solution lies in a combustion air system, which ensures a constant flow of air to the wood-burning stove. HWAM’s combustion air system creates air circulation that is almost completely impermeable.
All HWAM wood-burning stoves are convection stoves. This means that the wood-burning stove quickly emits heat after lighting.
The heat is transferred by a natural air current, and not by heat radiation. This results in a pleasant indoor climate and a uniform temperature throughout the entire room.
Another advantage is that the outer cap of the wood-burning stove does not become especially hot. This is to say that furniture can be placed quite close to the wood-burning stove.
3 way "Airwash"
Dancing flames are both fascinating and relaxing. Furthermore, flames are beautiful in all phases from the initial lighting to the burning of coals.
For this reason, it is important that the glass pane on a HWAM wood-burning stove does not become sooty during combustion.
HWAM has developed a technique that ensures that the glass pane always receives heated air from three sides in order to prevent it from becoming sooty.
A HWAM wood-burning stove is designed for user-friendliness throughout the duration of its service lifetime.
The user-friendliness of a HWAM wood-burning stove means:
- The automatics system ensures that the wood- burning stove is easy to light.
- The user does not have to spend time adjusting the air supply.
- Automatic adjustment to the optimal, environmentally friendly combustion.
- Consistent heating level throughout the entire combustion period.
- An execellent fuel efficiency.
- Minimal maintenance.
- No unpleasant odours.
- Very easy to clean.
Unique Door System
All HWAM stoves have an easy and unique closing system, which ensures that the door fits tightly
The door is constructed so that it opens and closes with a steady, balanced vertical movement. When closing, the door glides silently into position and completely seals the opening.
The system confirms HWAM’s high technological and innovative level. When it is opened, the vertical gliding movement of the lift-lower door minimises turbulence in the combustion chamber so that ash is not whirled up and blown into the room. Convenient for you as it reduces the need for cleaning around the stove.
HWAM - a unique woodburning stove
- • Alle HWAM® brændeovne er af høj kvalitet produceret i Danmark efter internationale krav og standarder.
- • Alle HWAM® brændeovne har 5 års fabriksgaranti og 2 års garanti på sliddele, HWAM® Autopilot™ og HWAM® SmartControl™.
- • Alle HWAM® brændeovne er designet af danske designere med respekt for de danske designtraditioner.
- • Alle HWAM® brændeovne leveres med HWAM® Autopilot™ som standard. HWAM® SmartControl™ kan købes til.
- • En HWAM® brændeovn er udviklet for at optimere dit varmeforbrug, så du samtidigt opnår en god komfort, når du anvender brændeovnen.
- • Den bedste komfort ved en brændeovn, opnår du ved HWAM® Autopilot™, alternativt HWAM® SmartControl™.
- Du får følgende:
- • En brændeovn, som er let at tænde op i. Vi anbefaler Top-Down optænding for at opnå den mest miljørigtige optænding.
- • En brændeovn, hvor du slipper for at bruge tid på indstilling af lufttilførsel.
- • En brændeovn, der indstilles automatisk til den mest optimale og mest miljørigtige forbrænding.
- • En brændeovn, der sørger for en jævn varme i hele forbrændingsperioden.
- • En brændeovn med en god brændselsøkonomi.
- • En brændeovn, der kræver minimal vedligeholdelse.
- • En brændeovn, der ikke giver lugtgener.
- • En brændeovn, der er meget rengøringsvenlig.